Monday 2 February 2009

TIME TELLER

A man who needs no watch to count time

 

COOCH BEHAR, Feb. 2: It is not a story about the joke very often being telecasted about identity of the man engaged in a watch store. That man may be called a watch-man jokingly but our very own watch-man needs no watch or clock to tell you the time – anytime and anywhere. Believe it or not he has this power, unexplained so far. You know time and tide waits for none and he too never waits a second to answer a question.

 

Mr Biswanath Bhaumik is a man in his forties. He did his B.Com with Accountancy and Mathematics from University BT and Evening College in 1999. He discovered his hidden power when he was merely a student of Class V. From then on he is telling any passer-by especially young ones what the time was. He answers them in a lightning speed with cent-per-cent accuracy to seconds, of course the hours and minutes prefixed.

 

Mr Bhaumik is a resident of Patakura area in Cooch Behar town. As he is one of the thousands of unemployed youths he earns a little to exist from private tuitions. But that too is not easy for him as the normal demand for private tutors is of the schoolteachers.

 

"I do not know how I can do it. When one asks me the time I see a wall clock in front of me as a flash like dreams. I do not know from where the clock comes to help me to tell the time. I never dreamt of such a capacity and I never practiced anything to nurture this power", Mr Bhaumik confessed.

 

Mr Bhaumik is a young man of very ordinary appearance but his strange ability to tell the time accurately without any gadget made him a sort of reputed man differentiated from others.

No comments: